Careers at MRN
Our people are at the very heart of our business; that’s why we are committed to ensuring everyone has access to the learning, development and experiences they need to progress their careers with us.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people across our firm. Our continued success relies on our ability to provide a supportive, inclusive and motivating environment where everyone has a role to play in the delivering of outstanding service to our clients.
We offer opportunities to our all our staff, aspiring graduates and others who are looking for something a bit extra in an environment that is challenging, rewarding and, we believe, truly different from our competitors.
We are looking for highly talented people who can demonstrate an understanding of our core values to help us achieve our goals of becoming a leading costs services firm. In return, we offer a dynamic environment in which our people can build a long and productive career and have their success rewarded.
Learning and Development
Investment in the careers and reputation of our people is one of the core values underpinning everything we do.
Coaching and mentoring are well-established forms of personal and professional development here at MRN.
Diversity and Inclusion
We promote a culture that is inclusive of all; where everyone has the opportunity to grow their career, and where pathways to success are transparent.
Fostering diversity, inclusion and equality allows us to hire the best talent, build the most effective teams and deliver the highest level of client service.
Marketing & Business Development Assistant (Manchester)
We are looking to recruit a Marketing & Business Development Assistant to support the Head of Business Development. The successful candidate will be a confident, dynamic and proactive individual to carry out the following roles and responsibilities;
- Building and maintaining professional relationships with potential clients
- Communicating service offerings to prospective clients
- Finding and following new business opportunities
- Arranging meetings, planning and preparing presentations and proposals
- Organising and preparing company events across the UK
- Managing social media pages, particularly LinkedIn and Twitter
- Creating and disseminating fortnightly newsletters using Mail Chimp (or similar)
- Sourcing and editing content for publication
- Managing and updating the company website to maintain company image and content
- Designing and disseminating marketing materials to prospective and current clients
- Attending conferences and networking events
- Liaising with third party specialists during major marketing projects when necessary
- General administrative duties to assist when required
The successful candidate will have;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, capable of liaising with high profile clients
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using Mail Chimp (or similar)
- Experience in a similar role, however training will be provided
This position is suited for a university graduate.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Monica Butera at [email protected]
Costs Draftsmen – Personal Injury, Clinical Negligence and/or Commercial Litigation – Manchester
We are recruiting for costs draftsmen based out of our Manchester and Leeds offices.
If you would like to join one of the largest solicitors practices in the UK dedicated solely to costs and manage instructions from our panel of National and International law firms, then please send your current CV and covering letter to Director, Elliot Mocton – [email protected]. All CVs will be dealt with by our Director in strict confidence.
Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience which will include:
- drafting budgets and attending CCMC
- drafting bills in Commercial litigation, including complex financial disputes
- drafting Points of Dispute
- drafting Replies
- attending detailed assessments
The successful applicant will have a full understanding of the CPR and must be a good negotiator. Experience of advocacy would be beneficial but not essential.
Salary at market rate depending on experience.
Please email your CV and covering letter to Elliot Mocton [email protected]